Support our work for Anti-Corruption & Budgets Open Data Research & Development 2017
Current funding status: RM 2,800/75,500
It will go towards funding Sinar's team consisting of senior developers/project manager/researcher, senior developer and researcher.
The planned activity and outputs for first quarter of 2017 for this project appeal are:
- Output: A rewrite of accountable.sinarproject.orgconnected to Popit/API and an API for public tracking of joined up data to corruption and mismanagement issues. The new website will also be able to store and track updates with sources.
- Activity: Local collaborative research workshop with local transparency researchers
- Research Output: Interests (posts & positions) in organizations of current MPs and State Legislators and publish as open data
- Research Output: Collect and publish current and past heads of Malaysian political parties as open data
- Research Output: Collect and publish Malaysian Government Agencies and Senior Public Officials as open data
- Research Output: Current Malaysian Judiciary, prosecutors and their interests as open data
- Output: Cargografias Visualization of Careers of PEPs in Malaysia
- Systematic corruption and poor governance at all levels
- Never held accountable, politicians, senior public officials continue their actions with impunity (We need automatically keep track of their interests, relations, corruption and mismanagement issues)
- Need comprehensive Malaysian PEPs and posts public database to be able to work with international efforts at uncovering complex international money laundering mechanisms
- Need comprehensive list of Malaysian politicians and PEPS and links to their issues and interests for upcoming elections so better public can have better applications and access about their candidates, including any issues and connections they may have with corruption cases directly or indirectly, and whether they supported actors that were directly implicated
Public database needed to build public transparency and accountability applications
Research data needed to uncover complex international corruption and money laundering cases
What's possible with even current limited dataset on PEPs showing political party and organization connections of PEPs as well as joined up data on properties from international sources such as Panama Leaks.
Some of initial proof of concept applications built around this database:
- Matching Politicians to CIDB Construction Contract Data
- Network Graph browser of political connections and memberships/posts of organizations
How to contribute?
Making monetary contributions to Sinar Project is easy. You can make a bank transfer or deposit to the following account. If would like it for specific output of interest to you or in general let us know. Else we will allocate it to most pressing project/needs first.
|BANK||Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank)|
|BENEFICIARY||Sinar Project PLT|
You can also contribute annually and get some shirts and stickers by becoming a contributing member.
How do I track progress of projects?
Live detailed updates, which can be subscribed to are published on our 2017 public on-line board
Other ways to contribute
See our Contributing page on a variety of ways for you to help us build these public tools and resources
Story Type: Update