This is a project to develop a web application that could help Malaysians and Non-Malaysians to track misuse of funds and corruption in government.
What is Accountable?
Due to the lack of opposition, corruption is now entrenched in the Malaysian system. Abuse of funds, conflict of interests in project awards, bribery and kick backs are rampant. Despite being highlighted in yearly government audits by the Auditor General, most of these cases are never investigated and the practice of corruption continues. It is crucial and needed to have an accountability for reported corruption cases to make more informed decisions when voting for the right representatives for government. Which is why we named this initiative as Accountable
The objectives are as follows:
- Find and track the current resolution of reported corruption issues. Was action taken? Was it verified? Were those involved persecuted? Was the sentence acceptable?
- See reports about the financial impact of corruption costs.
- See breakdown of different issues eg. financial, abuse of power.
- Find the people involved and how many cases have been reported against them
- Find out under which government (coalitions/political parties) the corruption issues happened
The Source Code
One of the tools that we use to make this project work is the source code
. This source code is available in GitHub
Our team based in Malaysia. We love discussing project ideas and challenges. Drop us a line at [email protected]